Tuesday, February 23, 2010


Birthday Wishes

To celebrate my birthday, Krista and I went ice climbing up at Bristol Cliffs in the morning.  Taking a different approach route that normal, we cut far left and discovered a flow of ice I had never seen before.  Though it has definitely been climbed before, I had never been up this particular route.  The climb was about one full rope length and WI2.  The ice wasn't particularly thick and there actually was a decent amount of water flowing underneath.  A fun climb overall; we dubbed it "Birthday Boy".  

After some climbing, we went out to breakfast at Snap's in Bristol, then later on in the afternoon we drove up to Burlington for some pizza at American Flatbread (amazing).  A wonderful day!


Flaking out the rope


Having fun!


Scoping out the rest of the climb

Starting up the climb


Krista and I at the base of the climb



No comments: