Friday, July 16, 2010

Vermont Summers

Are very rainy and hot! Granted that this summer has been fairly dry, with plenty of sunny weather, except for the damn thunderstorms which seem to occur every day. However even when it is nice if the humidity is 100% and the temperature is 92 degrees, one is not inclined to partake in active outdoor pursuits such as climbing. I have been able to get in a decent amount of climbing, mainly with Justin, whom I've been climbing with since the spring. Once again, my a well planned Presi Traverse trip was foiled by forgotten running shoes (my hiking partner forgot them, not me!). Still a few months of dry weather left before summer slips into a dreary fall. Thus far, I have climbed a Lake Dunmore, Bolton, and the wonderful Adirondacks. Soon I will be in Washington (home of big mountains, no thunderstorms, and great beer).


Isaac on his first climb of the season at Lake Dunmore


In the maw at Bolton (I try to like chimneys)


Justin rappelling from a climb at Chapel Pond, NY


Getting ready for the last pitch of a climb at Chapel Pond, NY

Tilmans Arete, Chapel Pond

No comments: