Friday, August 20, 2010


Squamish-Tacoma-PDX-Tacoma
(Lots of Driving)

After Squamish, Krista and I spent a night in Tacoma before heading down to Portland to see a bunch of my friends. We met up with everyone (Pete, Brad, Trevor, Whitney) at the Sandy River for some awesome swimming. After a relaxing afternoon, we headed to Brad and Olivia's house for some wonderful food, including some grilled chicken and vegetables. Obviously some amazing NW beers were had by all (including the Hopczar, given to me by Brad). To top off the night, we headed to the Concordia, which had some great brews on tap. Thanks to Brad and Olivia for their hospitality. We had a great time in PDX and it was nice to hang out with everyone.

That morning, Krista and I headed back up to Tacoma (first we stopped and saw Nate and had a snack at Muchas Gracias). My sister and cousin put on a wonderful baby shower for us. My whole family was there and we received all sorts of great gifts for our baby, which is due very soon. Lots of good food and fun games was had by all. It was a very nice get together.

Volcano evacuation route signs in Fife, WA


The spread at the baby shower


Krista and I at the shower put on by my sister and cousin


The gang after a relaxing day at the Sandy River, OR
(yes, Brad is wearing a sarong)



Mt. Hood, OR

No comments: