Thursday, December 03, 2009

Winter?

FYI, no pictures for this post, but some should be coming soon once I emerge from my cave of academic studies (and there is ice/snow outside).  Very warm Fall/Winter.  Here it is December 3 and it was 50F and raining today.  No snow, no ice; very weird.  Apparently this hasn't happened in over 15 years according to some reports I read.  However, in the next few days ice should start forming in places like Smugglers Notch and Mount Washington.  Just in time for winter break!  As many of you know, much of my time is spent studying and writing papers for the graduate program I am in.  Not to mention the delightful physics class I am in, which ends in a mere two weeks.  I will be happy when this semester is over, that is for sure.  Krista and I headed to Boston this past weekend to watch a Bruins game (hockey) and just relax.  Ate some excellent seafood and toured the city.  Bruins game was awesome (they won in a shoot out).  The only problem was the drunkards behind us who spilled beer on us (twice!).  We picked out our Christmas tree yesterday and will be setting it up this weekend.  That is about it right now.  Now time for some homework (as usual).  Some ice climbing reports may be coming next week, we'll see.

No comments: